If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size? ~Sydney J. Harris
How many times have you found yourself doing something and then blamed it on the emotion you were experiencing? How many times do you find yourself lost in thought unable to sleep?
Being Mindful means that you become better at noticing your attachment to thoughts and emotions. When your ability to notice how you relate to your emotions and thoughts becomes better, it is just a matter of time before you let go and stop placing too much importance on them.
Three main causes of suffering are:
These three causes are responsible for the emotions and thoughts that cause negative emotions. Being mindful means being aware of the emotions and thoughts generated by the three sufferings above.
Being Mindful means that instead of:
- Being greedy-Let go of the attachment you have to things. Remember that you are a separate entity from the things around you. Be generous of spirit and action.
- Having Ill-will- Be compassionate and kind when addressing issues and you will find yourself having a better perspective.
- Being ignorant- Become aware of your emotions and actions. Be open to receive information that will lend clarity to a matter.
Have a Mindful day won’t you?
- Taming Your Monkey Mind-Part II (reflectozone.wordpress.com)
- Taming Your Monkey Mind: Part I (reflectozone.wordpress.com)
- Mindfulness for Introverts (psychologytoday.com)
- Mindfulness Meditation May Cut IBS Symptoms (webmd.com)
- Anger (socyberty.com)
- Happiness: The secret of happiness in quotes (telegraph.co.uk)